Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day Of School!




Monday was mom's favorite day of the year...or I mean the kids First Day Of School!! Luke didn't want to be left out of the pictues, so we took some with him in there too. Our kids were all decked out in their new school best, and ready to go. After the picture taking, the primping, and the well-wishes, we headed over to school. As we were walking up, Bailey said that she was getting butterflies in her tummy. She was excited to go and once she saw some of her friends in her class, she was good. Alex was fine until we walked him over to the area where they line up to go into their class. He all the sudden said " dad, my legs are shaking, I don't think I can do this." We re-assured him that he could, and he said ok. He found a couple of friends and once his teacher came out to get them, he was ok. Plus, all the little girls think he is so handsome and they all want to be his friend. He's not a shy little boy, so I am not worried about him! They both had a great first day, and even wanted to go back for day #2!! Luke on the other hand, was out of sorts! He cried when I dropped him off at daycare and kept asking where Alex was. He was much more settled today, and after 2 kisses, he ran up the stairs and was totally fine. We are really blessed to have such great kids. Each one has such a special personality and the compassion to be good friends. We sure are lucky parents!

3 comments:

Lindsy said...

Cute outfit, Bay!!!

Ann said...

What heartbreakers! Are you sure you want to let them go out of your sight? Before you know it you'll be fighting off the "would be" suitors for both Baily and Alex, that should get interesting!

Mama Bear said...

What cute kids! I can't imagine sending my little girls off to school...but I'm sure that day will happen sooner than I think! :)