Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!

We had a great Christmas and Boxing Day. Christmas day was full of family fun and memories. Alex woke us up promptly at 6:00 am, literally shaking with anticipation and excitement. We told him he had to go back to bed for about 30 more minutes. That lasted for about 10. So, we figured we would just get up and get on with it. It was a lot of fun. We had Kevin's parents and his sister and her hubby spend the night. (Thanks Santa for sending the helper elves...we got our wrapping done really fast this year!!!)Our pictures from Christmas are on our camera and I haven't had a chance to download them, so I'll post them later. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner, watched movies, and after the family left for their homes; me, Kev, and the kids headed down to the basement for 2 hours of Guitar Hero World Tour. It was awesome. Good times. Here's a few pictures from the rest of our long holiday.

The day after Christmas is an English holiday called Boxing Day. Basically, we get together with family and friends and eat, and eat, and eat. (As if we didn't eat enough on Christmas!! Now we get to eat all the leftovers!) We went to the Turner's/Lemen's for dinner and some fun on Debbie and Paul's Wii. It was a lot of fun. The family made a lovely dinner and we over ate...again! Here's a picture of Wade's little girl. (Side note... the crown on our heads... they are courtesy of the Christmas Crackers. Basically, it's a rolled TP container that's wrapped, and you pull the ends and it "pops" and inside there is a little gift, a paper crown, and a joke. The funny part is, on Christmas Day, Sandra brought some over and we popped them open. Paul got a shoe horn. On Boxing Day, we popped open our Crackers, and Paul got...a shoe horn. What are the chances of that?? It was pretty funny. It made me laugh. Luke got a bottle opener and Julie got a cork-screw. We all had another good laugh.)We all sit around with our crowns on our head. It's awesome to see! It's a family tradition...one of my favorites.

Me and Violet



The kids with their Cracker Crowns. (Prying them away from the Wii for a few minutes to snap a picture.)


I wanted to keep this cute little graham cracker house that Alex made, but it wasn't going to happen. So, I told him I'd take a picture. So, here it is. He made it at his 1st grade Christmas Party. He did a great job.


Kevin snapped this picture today while I was at work. I had to post it. I thought it was so cute. I love my boys!



Amidst all of the festivities, after the tree was down and all the decorations put away, and the house clean...I decided to take a "day off"!! I asked one of my girlfriends if she wanted to go to Park City and check out the Clearance deals. Of course, she was on board! We left at about noon, and didn't get back til 6:30 pm. We left all the kids w/ the hubbies and made a run for it. It was great. We had a wonderful time looking at all the shops. We stopped first at Wilson Leather and I found this beauty...calling out to me!! I was pretty excited to find it. I love it. Even better because it was discounted so much...it was actually cheap!


And lastly, we said farewell to Miley. We found a lovely family that had a Jack Russell already and were looking for a friend for their dog. So, we let her go to this family. The funny thing is...no one was even sad to see her go. I didn't even feel bad because they had a Jack Russell... they knew what they were getting! B stayed at Debbie's house, and we took the boys w/ us to go and meet the family and drop Miley off. I asked B if she was sad that she didn't get to say bye to Miley. Her response..."no, not really." I guess Miley wasn't quite the fit we had wanted for our family. No more dogs for us for awhile!

Anyway, we hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas too. I am already looking for presents for next year. We want to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I turn around Nikki has a new purse. And now she's taking pictures of them and putting them on here !! I think she has a purse problem and I'm looking into prefessional help !!! Cute kids tho !!!

Lindsy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year!