Monday, December 22, 2008

Update

We have had such a busy couple of weeks, as I am sure everyone has. I guess that's just the season that we are in right now. To start off our holiday season, we started with our work party that me, and the other 2 girls I work with, planned and decorated for. It was a lot of work, but it turned out really nice. We were all glad when it was over!!
Up next, our Ward Christmas Party. (Sorry, I don't have any pictures!!)I am on the Activities committee, so it was another party that I helped plan, set up for and cleaned up after. It again, was a lot of work but it turned out really nice. I know the kids had fun!














This is me and B at our ward RS Christmas night. We got to invite our girls. We decorated Christmas cookies, made gift tags, ate some really yummy food, and made Angel halo's. It was a lot of fun and I love the opportunities that I get once in awhile to spend a little mom-daughter-time with B. She's growing up faster that I am ready to admit. We had a great time.















This one is kinda random, but it was really funny. I went upstairs for a minute and came down to see Luke with his shirt off, eating a Push-Pop, and rocking back and forth to the music that was on the TV. I laughed hard when I saw him. He just stood there, smiling away at me, like he was doing something he did all the time. (He's never done it since!!) I thought it was a cute picture moment.















On one of Kevin's days off (the have been rare these past few weeks!) We went to the mall to do a little shopping. We promised Luke a ride on the Carousel if he was really good. Well, he was really good, so he got to go twice. He loved it! Here's a picture of my boys.












And lastly, yes, that is Neil Diamond. Me and Kev got invited to his concert last minute on Friday. So, I quickly canceled Book Club (sorry girls!!) and we found a babysitter and braved the newly dusted-with-snow roads and headed up to SLC to see the show. It was fantastic! He rocked out for 2 hours straight and I gotta say...he still looks pretty good! There was a train wreck of a couple sitting a couple rows down from us. I had a hard time deciding which show to watch... they were pretty comical! I thought for sure, at one point, the girl was going to go right over the railing. She was dancing away, leaning WAY over. Her date for the night...had his shirt all the way unbuttoned and was totally in the Neil Diamond zone. Never thought Neil would have groupies...I guess he does! Anyway, back to the story. So, we met up with our friends and enjoyed a great date night. It was much needed for both of us!

On Saturday, we went to see the Temple lights with some of our close friends and their kids. It was COLD, but fun. We rode Trax for a couple of blocks as well, so the boys were pretty excited to ride on the train. After the lights, we went over to this yummy bakery and warmed up with some hot chocolate and goodies. We had a great night. It was fun "family" time.

And last night, we went over to some of our other friends and had dessert with them. Almost all the kids are the same age, and they were excited to play with some friends they hadn't seen for awhile. I guess our social calendar has been a little full these past few days. Tis' the season!!

As for today...cleaning the house, wrapping presents, and getting ready for family to come for the holiday. We are looking forward to spending some quality time with our family and friends.

4 comments:

JessieC said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy, but having fun. I am glad you liked the RS party, that was one I was in charge of and was nervous people would be bummed that their kids got to come. I thought it was a fun idea :)

JessieC said...

P.S. I love Bailey's hair!

Karen M. said...

Ann will be jealous, she always secretly loved Neil Diamond, or maybe it was not so secret. I guess I do too, does that show our age? Who cares, you rock Neil!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a GREAT getaway evening with Kev. Dad and I saw Neil Diamond several years ago and had such a fun time!!! I love his music....

I remember the Mother-Daughter times we had, especially the Taco Bell after school. Spend as much special time as you can with her and create wonderful, never-to-be-forgotten memories.