Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Amongst the Madness....

Amongst all the craziness of B's birthday parties, working, and just life, B decided this year she wanted to PLUNGE. Every year the Police Department plays a big part in the Special Olympics Polar Plunge. B helped me last year sell T-shirts. This year, she wanted in on the action...she wanted to JUMP. (Crazy little girl!) I told her she could do it, if she raised the $25 fee herself. I printed off her form and she took it to school with her. By the end of the day, she had raised the money. She received another last minute donation and her total donation to the Special Olympics was $45! 

What a trooper. She didn't even hesitate at the side. She walked right out on the ice and as soon as they said her name, she was straight in. She jumped with our friends' boy named Austin. Me and Kev were standing at the ramp waiting for her to get out. She jumped right out, went around us and made a bee-line for the hot tub. I barely got her out of the hot tub to get dressed! She was so glad she got to jump and she was happy that she was able to raise a bit of money for the Special Olympics. What a fun time!














Just before going in!



























Ready, Set, GO!














Burrrrr, and it was COLD that day!














Gettin' out as fast as she could!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my girl! She raised her own money and jumped into the ice water - all for special olympics! She is an inspiration to me and whenever I think I'm having a bad day I just sit down and talk with B - she makes it all better! Couldn't ask for a better daughter, we are truly blessed!!!!! Love u B
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Ann said...

I can't imagine where she gets the adrenaline gene from... You go B, never say die and remember "no guts, no glory!" That is so awesome!

Trish the Dish said...

CRAZY! Good for you Nikki for teaching your girl to be so generous in raising money to support charities

Flynn Fam 6 said...

What a brave girl!