Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just needed to write it down.

I had a dream last night that left me a little rattled and wondering what it meant.

I think I was being tested.

I am pretty sure I passed.
I saw my brother last night in my dream. He walked past me. I think he was testing me to see if I would recognize him. He was thin; his hair and beard short and didn't look at all the last picture I have of him. He came quickly towards me. He made eye contact with me and carried on walking past me. I called his name and he stopped and turned around. We hugged. We cried. We hugged some more.

This is the first dream I've had of Aaron. I have felt him close to me, especially when he first past away. But this has been the first time I have seen him. That I have gotten to hug him and really tell him how much I love him and miss him.

I don't know why I dreamed what I did. I can't help but feel like he was testing me to see if I'd remember what he looked like, if I saw him walking by. It's been 2 years since he passed away. It's been 16 yeas since the last time I saw him. I miss him. I would love to talk to him. I'm glad that I had that dream. I will tuck it in my memory and think of it often so I don't forget any of the details.

Right down the white and red track suit he had on.

7 comments:

Flynn Fam 6 said...

This made me cry~

Ann said...

I am so happy for you, I know you've waited a long time for this. Hope there are many more Aaron dreams to come.

Lindsy said...

Our loved ones who have gone before always have a way of letting us know they are still with us and they always will be.

Trish the Dish said...

Wow, that is really cool.

The Glenns said...

Hi Nikki,
A great post. Is his temple work done? If not, it's time. He's at peace.

I have to be honest, I wonder what purpose my brother serves in this life anymore. He is so sick and back in jail again for something ridiculous. I get so angry, but I am powerless. I hope he knows I love him too. I have been thinking I need to see him and I appreciate your motivation to me.

You need to go to Women's Conference this year. Take the days off and hang out with us. It will be fun.

See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow Nik that was really moving. I didn't realize that it has been that long since you saw him.

Anonymous said...

Love you babe - I know your bro watches over you!
Love ya