Sunday, February 19, 2012

My oldest is a teenager! I can't believe how time has flown. B had her birthday yesterday. We talked a lot yesterday about the time she came into the world. She is our first. And our only girl. She was the first grandchild on Kevin's side. She was a miracle and blessing. I am lucky to be her mom. She is so many things. She is not only beautiful, but kind, responsible, brave, amazing, loving, gentle, happy, helpful, and my friend. We decided to let her have a friend party last night. She cleaned the basement and we decorated it ready for her party. She was pleased with the decorations, the set up, the movie, and the guest list. She had 13 friends over. We heard music, laughing, teasing, and a lot more laughing. Sounds I love to hear at home! I did go down at one point to check on things, and everyone was on some sort of electronic. (Mostly cell phones!) Such a different time...full of cell phones, tablets, Iphones, Ipads, etc. I am glad that they were taking pictures and documenting their night...because I just realized I didn't take 1 picture. Not even a picture of the chocolate/yellow cake B requested. It turned out good too!! I am glad that B had a great party and fun 13th birthday. She is an amazing girl. I am so honored to have her in our lives. PS...to up her amazing-ness...she got up this morning and went down stairs and re-cleaned the basement. Vacuumed as well! I am one lucky mom! I LOVE YOU B. You are my sunshine, my love, my life. I hope you've had an amazing day. xoxox Mom

1 comment:

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Happy Birthday B!!! I didn't even know until Landen came home with cake last night. Sounds like it was an awesome party. You are such a cool Mom! Your family pictures are beautiful. I love them! Glad to hear you have some answers for A. We love him and hope the best for him!!!