Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can you dig it??


Me and Kev got to get out tonight for a date night. (Thanks Auntie Debbie and Uncle Paul!) We went to see Gran Torino (or as Alex calls it...Grandpa Reno!) and then to; where else?? Cafe Rio. We went with some of our friends. It was fun. It's always fun to have a date with my sugar daddy!


CLASSIC SKATE NIGHT W/ THE SCHOOL...
Every couple of months, the kids school has a fund-raising night at the skating rink. I LOVE to go skating. We have a fun time and the kids always sleep really well after we are done! Plus I get a good workout in too. Me and B skated, and Luke and Alex rode their scooters. Well, Luke went around a couple of times, then I pushed him around. It was fun.

Me and my date....since dad was at work.


B and Alex

Alex...he cracks me up. I went to ask him if he wanted to skate w/ me on the first "couples skate". Much to my dismay...he was already out skating with a little girl from his class. He's such a ladies man. Must take after his dad!



My mom and dad worked really hard on these quilts for the kids. They made 11 quilts for all the grand kids. Each quilt had a few pieces of jeans that were my sisters. It was a labor of love! B uses hers a lot and is very sentimental about having it. They turned out great and are keeping all the kids warm while we are freezing our buns off this winter!



I just thought this was a super cute picture of Luke and Maggie. Maggie has quickly become a part of our family. We all love her and she is fitting well with us. (It's about time!!)

8 comments:

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I love the quilts~ What a great idea! I have one my grandma made me when I was 18 and then one her & I made together. It goes everywhere with us in the back of the car. Every time I get it out to sit on at a soccer game, etc... it reminds me of her. It is like taking her with us:)

Ann said...

I carry the quilt my great grandma made for me 18 years ago in the trunk of my car too and it always reminds of her. It funny how sentimental we are about stuff like that. I think it's a great way to keep the one's we love with us and it probably feels like she's giving Bailey a big hug when she snuggles into it. What a fun post!

Lindsy said...

Ha. So your date WAS with your husband. You good girl, you. :) What a wonderful Christmas gift for the kids in your family!

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments.. yes, hopefully my grand-babes will always love their rag quilts. It was hard at first to start cutting up Sara's jeans.. Yes I am crying now thinking about it... but the jeans are going to make wonderful memories forever. Sara's two children, Tanner 9 and Sutton 6 actually held them up against them to see if they could smell their Mommy.. of course I had washed them. Tanner took me aside and wanted to know every step it took for me to cut up her jeans to make the quilt.. very touching. (Each of the kids actually cried or had tears in their eyes as they came up to get their quilts Christmas Day).

Anonymous said...

Yeah we had a fun date night! I've learned by now all I have to do is buy Nikki Cafe Rio to get lucky !!! LOL.
Oh man, I can't believe how grown up our kids look. Of course they are good looking like their ole man! I love you my babies !

Anonymous said...

I remember the last two times Dad and I went with you and the family to the skate rink... Alex took off and all the little girls were right behind him trying to catch him... Bailey and her girlfriends were in their little group skating around having so much fun and Luke was s l o w l y getting around on his three wheeler skooter... so fun.

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

What a beautiful tribute to make quilts out of Sara's jeans! Your mom must be a wonderful lady! Is that "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" that Bailey is reading? Casey is addicted to those books!

Anonymous said...

Hey mommy I was board so I went to our Blog and asked daddy if I could leave a message so, Yeah! Oh and thanks for my b-day presents!!! They are AWESOME!!!!! Love Ya lots, B!