Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10 Today







My girl turned 10 today. It's a happy and sad day. Happy because she is growing into a fantastic young lady. She is developing her talents, she is kind to her brothers (well, most of the time!) and she is just a loving girl who really tries to be a good friend to everyone. The sad part is...she's growing up. It makes it real that I am aging and time is going faster than I can hold on to.

We had a nice day today. We were going to go swimming after school, but had to bag the idea when Alex came home from school with a fever. So, we hung out. I made grilled cheese for dinner - at B's request. We waited for dad to come home so she could open a few presents. Her big party is on Saturday at the skating rink. She and 8 of her friends will get the "Royal" treatment at the rink. She is excited! I am excited to see her face when she opens all her presents. She is getting some good stuff this year!!

I love my girl and I am proud of the young woman she is becoming. As I wipe a tear from my eye...my baby is growing up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way babe!! Little older, little prouder, little sadder. It's a mix! Love our girl tho, couldn't ask for a better girl! It seems like yesterday we were bathing her in the kitchen sink! Time flies !!!
Love to you and the kids !!!!

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Tell her Happy Birthday for us! 10 is a big one!! She is a great girl :)

Lindsy said...

Happy Birthday, B!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT birthday, Bailey... Wow Mom..she is growing up, but is the sweetest, most loving girl. I can hardly wait to be up there next week and visit.. LOVE YOU...