Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's Go Time...

I am training for a triathlon. I am scared, worried, nervous, but sure that I will at least give it my all and complete it. I know that I will get out of my workouts what I put in to them. There's something very powerful about when you've worked your body to it's limits. A great sense of accomplishment. I have set goals for each workout (I am trying to be more visual with my goals...thanks Ann, it's working!!) and I have committed to doing something 6 days a week. I've trimmed a lot of the "fat" out of my diet and up-ed my activities. So, I guess I am in training right now. Some of us from work are preparing for the race. It's in September at Juab. I am really excited that I have something this big to help me focus. I am feeling that self-determination coming back. I am feeling that "maybe I can do this" coming back. I am feeling more and more confident every day. (And the weight loss is a plus too!!) When I think I am done, I give 10% more and finish on a high note.

Lately life has been busy as the kids are wrapping up the school year, B is adjusting nicely to her braces, and they boys are ALWAYS outside enjoying the weather. We all experienced the first sun burns of the season, with more to come, I am sure. I am loving life. I am finding myself again, and it's feeling great.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds AWESOME Nik, you are an inspiration. I need some of that 10% juice...

NIKKI"S MOM said...

I love your determination when you set you mind to do something you really want to do....
I am so proud of you and thankful that "I AM YOUR MOTHER"...
love you honey...