Monday, May 25, 2009

Lots and Nothing




A Memorial Day indeed. So much I have to say, but not much wanting to blog about it. I wish that I was closer to my family. I am grateful for the family I have close to me here.

We have been super busy and I am hoping once school is out things will slow down so I can actually post some fun family pictures of the stuff we've been doing.

I don't want to say "Happy" Memorial Day, but I am thankful for those that have given their lives to fight for our freedom. Memorial Day has been a day of remembrance for me. I am grateful for what I have.

5 comments:

The Glenns said...

Is that a picture of Aaron? I couldn't find Drew last week. I finally called the city morgue. They didnt have him. I looked him up on the sherriff's site. He was there. Had been arrested the day before. He looked terrible, but I am thankful he is alive. It is such a hard life for some people.

I want to see you when you come down this summer.robsty

Jaime said...

Oh Nikki. There aren't words. I am always here if you need to talk.

Anonymous said...

Nikki
I am sorry for your loss and I would have really like to have gotten to know Sara, we were all robbed...especially you.

Karen M. said...

Thank you for posting that picture of Aaron, I had only seen a picture of him from when he was in his teens and had no idea what he look like as a man. He and Sara will always hold a special place in my memories, Sara was just plain beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Your Mommy said...

You have such a big heart Nikki and I know that it has been hurting. But, you are busy with your beautiful family now and have so much to be thankful for with them.
Aaron and Sara are with Heavenly Father and are at peace at last with so much to do there. Just think of the reunion they had in heaven. It is the loved ones left behind that mourn and miss them... while they are happy and together. The past isnt even thought about anymore because they ARE happy and dont have to have the issues that drug them down for so long. Just remember, we are a family for eternity and will be together again.