Saturday, June 27, 2009

On the Road..



We are finally in Oregon. We rolled in around 6pm tonight. We stayed in an awesome RV park last night in Meridian Idaho. It was fun. We swam, we watched movies, then we used the public shower, got ready and back on the road. (Maybe a 13 hour drive to Oregon w/ 3 kids wasn't one of our best ideas....) We have been watching movies, and trying to keep the kids from beating each other up. Bailey resorted to putting a blanket up between her and Alex. Oh well, builds character right?? We have had a fun time so far and have seen some beautiful scenery. (Well, I saw most of it. Kev was getting a smidge annoyed with me because I have had my nose in the "Finger Lickin' Fifteen" Janet Evanovich book - he said he didn't understand how I can read while we were passing such awesome things to look at. My response - you obviously have never read one of these books. Then I put it longingly back down and looked out the window..wondering how much time I have to wait before I should pick it up again. Needless to say, it's late, everyone is asleep and with some luck, I'll finish it tonight!! Thanks Jaime!!!!!!)
Anyway, back to my post. So being the awesome mom that I am, I actually remembered to get the camera. I did however, forget the little thingy to download the pictures. I'll have to post them when we get home.
We are having so much fun. Tomorrow we are off to ride the train downtown and go to the Japanese Garden, then to my cousins house for a big family dinner. Can't wait!

5 comments:

Ashley Mullen said...

Have fun. I love the drive thru the blue mountains!!!!

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Wow that sounds like a great vacation! I hope you guys have fun!

Lindsy said...

Have a great trip! And Kev just needs to understand that the Stephanie Plum series is addicting.

Jaime said...

It is hard to tear yourself away from Ranger and Morelli. ;) I'm glad that you haven't killed each other yet! Have a great time and drive back safely!

YOUR MOM said...

Wow.. I didnt know that the 15th book was out yet!!! Gotta get it..
Have a fun time in Oregon, honey. Everyone is so excited that you and the family will be visiting them. Give Gramie a special love and check on her for me, okay?

I can't wait to drive up there the end of the month. Dad and I need a vacation.. and what better place to be than Portland and the Oregon coast!!! So beautiful... MOMMA