Monday, June 15, 2009

This Kid...




This kid...it's a good thing he's so stinkin' cute and makes me laugh because yesterday he pushed me right to the edge of the cliff. I have to just blog about my day yesterday because I lived it and I am still not sure we experience what we did in one 24 hour period. Our day went like this.
Got up, got the kids in and out of the bath. Got ready for church. About 30 seconds after I put Luke's shirt, he found chocolate and managed to wipe it all down the front of his shirt. I whipped that one off, found another and out the door we went. After church, we picked up McD's and headed to Kev's parents for a visit before they headed off to Oregon for a month. The kids ate great and we stayed for about 1 1/2 hours. Then we needed to head to the Mall to pick up Kev's gift for our Anniversary. On our way, Luke decided to put a pen down his throat. He managed to throw up all his lunch all over the back seat of the car. And there was A LOT! We pulled off, and luckily I had 2 towels, napkins, and some baby wipes in the car. I mangaed to get most of it cleaned up. Back in the car and off to the mall. (I almost gave up at that point, but what the heck - we were already out!) So off we went- and Luke's saying how hungry he is! I talked to the kids the whole way up saying that we aren't buying any toys, but if they behaved, we would go on the Merry-Go-Round. So, we get into Dillard's and of course Luke has to go to the bathroom. We hit the bathroom, and then we head down the escalators. I am reminding the boys - hands in the pockets, don't touch anything, and just give me 5 minutes to get dad's gift then we can go ride the ride. They turn w/ their little Angelic faces and say "ok momma". No sooner did we get to the counter, did Luke spot the glass jar that held the coffee beans on the counter. He picked it up and before I could tell him no, he dropped it and it shattered on the floor. Needless to say, I made my purchase fast and we got outta there. Then we went to ride the ride. No problems there! As we were walking out of the Mall, I wanted to stop at the T-Mobile store and see if there was any deals. I asked B to keep an eye on the boys for a minute while I looked. (There was a fish-tank across the path that they were looking at.) After a few mintues, I turn around and B is standing next to me....not watching the boys. I said where's the boys - she pointed out of the store. They were climbing all over the gum ball machines. I didn't want to wait around for the crash of one of those, so we loaded up and left. We had to stop at the store for a few groceries. Again, I gave the schpeel - no toys. Every time I turned around, one of the boys was laying on the floor, or they were chasing each other around, or throwing fruit around. About this time, I am done. At wit's end. We get to the checkout and Alex starts in about a toy. I tell him no repeatedly. After about the 50th time, I just ignore him and get everyone out to the car. We play the quiet game the rest of the way home and 2 sets of Legos are in time-out. As we pull into the garage, Luke somehow manages to fall out of the car and hit his cheek on the door. He sobbing - like the not breathing sobbing. I bring him in and console him. He's fine, starts running around and chasing Alex again. I get the groceries and the "vom" towels from the back of the car and start putting everything away. The boys are jumping around upstairs. No one is crying...yet, so I am not too worried. I have everyone get jammies on. It's 7:30 pm. Too early for bed, but close enough to get ready. They are all still playing upstairs, so I continue getting things done around the house. Then I hear it...cries of pain. Alex comes down the stairs and says Luke just kicked him in the eye. Sure enough he did.. Alex got it right in the corner of eye. Just enough to make it black and blue. That's it...EVERYONE to bed. I am done. Someone is going to get beat if he doesn't get to bed NOW. He was out cold about 5 minutes later. I quite enjoyed the rest of the night in silence. What a long day!

7 comments:

The Glenns said...

So Dan tells me I shouldn't post things like 'losing Presley at the mall'. If we don't post what's real, what are we? Nice work with your boys. It's the 2 together that's a killer. You could feasibly handle 1...but 2, not a chance.

Yesterday was God's way of singing this little tune "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday."

You got punished :)

How was that for Catholic guilt...

Your Momma that needs to live by you... said...

Maybe you need to invest in some leashes!!!! just kidding altho you might want to think about it...:)

How in the world do you all make it through each day? Was my life really that crazy? I admire all mothers of little energetic boys.. I have heard that boys are so much easier to raise.. well..... anyway keep up the good work Nikki... love you...

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That is why child birth and rearing is for young parents because if I was doing that now and going trough all that....my boys would've gotten smacked into next week...and they would never go out with me again. God bless you....and help you.

Anonymous said...

LOL - well, my day (same day) was training - had a lot of fun shooting pretend bad guys. Had a nice lunch with the guys. Went home, did some homework. Watched a little TV followed by a nice hot bath. THEN, I was disturbed by crying because Luke had fallen out of the car in the garage!! How inconsiderate!!!! LOL - luv my babies!!! (and the ole lady, she is a great mom!)then I went to a movie with some buds from work. By the end of the day I was beat! It was a busy day for me!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Gotta love little boys! At least they make up for it with all the love and cuddles you can handle....it does get easier as they get older by the way, at least I think so!

Lindsy said...

I love living vicariously through you! You have the patience of Job.

Ann said...

All I can say is YIKES!