Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st Day of School


FINALLY...brother and sister are home!




Alex - Before heading into class.


B getting ready to head in!


The "gang". All the neighbor kids getting ready to walk over to the school.


Alex, Luke, B. Luke wanted in on the action as well!


Ready to go. They weren't even nervous!


Cheese!


Alex was ready to just go - no more pictures mom!



Our beautiful girl. She's so big.

So I couldn't figure out how to move all the pictures around and put them in order, so start at the bottom and scroll up! B is starting 5th grade. (That kills me - means next year she will be in 6th, then Jr.High!!! WOW. It really comes fast!) Alex is starting 2nd grade. Seems like just yesterday we were walking him to Kindergarten!

We started last night getting ready for school. Kev does a father's blessing at the beginning of each school year. My dad always did it for us and it was a tradition that I wanted my kids to experience as well. Kev started w/ B, then Alex. As soon as Alex was done, Luke jumped over and said "my turn". No resisting that request! Then it was upstairs to lay out clothes, get book bags ready, and then ready for bed. B said she woke up 18 times during the night because she was SO excited. Alex has been counting down for days. I am so grateful they have had good school experiences so far and are so eager to go to school. We have really tried to instill in them how important an education is. I am glad we are seeing progress. We'll see how long it lasts!! ( I know it's only the 1st day!)

Luke did well with the kids going to school today. Yesterday when I dropped the boys off to Michele's house for daycare, I told Alex it was his last day there for a while. Luke was really sad. I told Michele that Luke was sad that Alex wasn't going to be coming with him anymore. So she spent the day talking with all the kids and showing them who was going to be going to school and which kids will still be there at daycare. So, when I took Luke this morning, he was relieved and excited that his regular friends were still going to be with him. He did miss Alex and B while they were at school though. He was so excited when I told him it was time to go outside and wait for them to come home. He was pretty excited too, this morning when we were taking pictures. He kept trying to jump in all the pictures!

Alex and B had a great first day! They were excited to get back to it. They have great teachers and are looking forward to a great school year. B will have the opportunity to be in the band this year. She is way excited. So are we. She has really impressed us and her teachers how quickly she picks up music. She has been playing piano for about 8 months and is catching on really fast. She is taking Sax lessons as well and so she is looking forward to actually playing in the band.

Alex is still doing his Tae Kwon Do and is getting REALLY good at it. He stays engaged and focused for the whole hour long class. I am hoping he can integrate that dedication into his school work. He's an active boy and I can't believe how much he has grown this summer. My little boy isn't so little anymore.

Here's to a GREAT first day of school!! I love you kiddos!

3 comments:

Ann said...

You guys look AWESOME! I hope your school days this week rocked. It's always so cool to get new clothes and stuff and especially to see all your friends again. Go B, rock that piano!

Anonymous said...

What great kids - sometimes !! LOL. Love you guys, glad you are excited to start school!!!!

MOMMA said...

Cute pictures of the kids!!! I know they were really excited to get going on their walk to school... Your dad actually kept up with them when we came for a visit last school year. There is nothing like the experience of the first day of school.. such excitement for EVERYONE... love you all... GRAM