Monday, August 24, 2009

What an experience.

Sunday was a different kind of day for us. The Oquirrh Mountain Temple was being dedicated today. Bailey and I had tickets to see the dedication. Since it was being broadcast in the Stake Centers, we were able to go. We went to the session at 3pm with some of our dear friends. What a wonderful opportunity and experience for both B and myself. I have never been to a dedication before and was really looking forward to this new experience. It was moving and reverent and exactly what we needed on Sunday. I am so grateful that B expressed and interest in going and that I was able to share this awesome experience with her. It is one we will both always remember. (In fact, when she was heading out the door to go outside, I heard her singing, "I Love To See The Temple".) Kev and I were both very proud of her. I hope that she does go to the temple.

It reminds me of some pictures that me and 2 of my good friends took when we were around 14 or 15 years old. (I think?) We borrowed wedding dresses from some ladies in the ward. We wore them to the temple in Mesa, Arizona and we had our pictures taken. I remember that day vividly. It made such an impression on me. I knew it was where I wanted to be married. I hope B always keeps that desire within her to go to the temple one day. It is beautiful and lovely and such a blessing.

Anyway, B wanted to wear her Baptism dress to the dedication. She looked beautiful as always. Thank you for going with me B. I love you!

6 comments:

Carole said...

Dear Nikki, I hope I am not intruding where I am not wanted but I really wanted to tell you how beautiful you an B look in the picture as you were ready to go to the temple dedication. We went also on Sunday to the morning session. I was so deeply touched by it. I can still feel the closeness in my heart. I hope B will go to the temple to so that her and her future family will be a forever family. This is God's plan. He wants us to be happy, the best way to do that is to keep His commandments. You are always in our hearts. forgive me if I have intruded. My best to you. C...

The Glenns said...

I remember the day. I have the pictures somewhere. Do you have those too? Life gets very confusing without 2 best friends and a strong testimony. Our kids are amazing examples...so much better than we were.

I am glad we all made it. I wish it had not taken me so long. The temple is my all time favorite place. I can't miss even a week now. And Sydney goes regularly with me too.


A good post for me. I had forgotten about those pictures.

Jaime said...

We did the wedding dress thing in Young Womens too and I thought it was sooooo weird! But I'm glad that was a good experience for you.

I'm also glad that you got to experience that day with your beautiful daughter. Wonderful memories for you both.

MOMMA said...

What a wonderful experience for you to have with your beautiful Bailey. When we go to the temple we leave with such peace and feeling of closeness to our family that have gone before us. I remember when you and your friends dressed in white wedding gowns and went to the temple grounds to walk around and have your pictures taken. My memory of you coming home and talking about it and your excitement about being able to go inside one day and be married is still strong. You are a wonderful mother Nikki and I am so proud of you and all of your efforts to be the very best mom. Bailey will always remember this special experience with her Mom.. I love you more than you will ever realize... MOMMA

Ann said...

you both look beautiful! Being in the temple is a feeling I will never forget. Someday maybe I'll just surprise everyone and get back there, you never know. I love both of you very much!

Anonymous said...

WOW - my two beautiful girls! Bailey looks older and is getting taller, she is so smart and full of wisdom with such a great heart and spirit - she gets all that from her mom! (and her good looks from me!!!)
Love you both, glad this day went well - these are memories that will last forever!!
Love you both with all my heart!