Thursday, September 10, 2009

In a good place.

Tonight feels right; for many things.

A lot has been accomplished, a lot has been realized.

On days like today, I am grateful for an hour to workout. It does wonders for me. For my mental health, for my sanity, for my patience.


Here's a few more things that I have been enlightened by tonight:
1. We are busy. ALWAYS busy. When I think it will slow down, it gets even more busier. I don't fight it, I just go with it and make the most of it. It's a reality in my life right now and I am ok with it.
2. I am grateful for my children. They bring me joy. I am grateful that they have good friends and are good friends!
3. My friend posted on her blog about "Trying". It fits. That's all I can do, and I like the fact that I have accepted that I can't do it all; but I can try.
4. I am grateful for my health and the health of my family. We take it for granted. I just wanted to write down that I am grateful for it.
5. I am in a great place right now. It's taken awhile, but I am there. I think everything that I am doing now is working and paying off. I will keep at it. Always room for improvements, but one day at a time is what I can do.
6. Being angry doesn't do anything except make myself miserable. Might be time to let some stuff go.
7. I have some really awesome people in my life right now. I am grateful for each one of them.
8. "I got this"!
9. McDonald's on an even-more-than-usual busy night = 3 happy kids!
10. My sheer determination can push me farther than I thought.
11. Italy...here we come! (in the spring time)
12. There are just things that I can't change. I just have to make the most of it. (The fact that I am blogging at 11:30 pm - hey at least I still have a few scraps of energy left to put it down!) I will take what I can get. Once my kids go to sleep, it's my time to do what I need to - even if it is at 11:30 pm. I can be a "night owl" and a "morning person", right? We shall see....


Now that I have written those down, I hope they don't backfire! I love that I can write stuff down and use this as my journal. I have never been a journal writer. I wish I was. I have tried. It's not me. But this, I can do this! I am in a good place right now. It isn't all going "right", but at least it's going!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we push each other! We do seem busier, but I like it! Even though we work a lot it seems like we spend a lot of time with the kids. Our family is close and we have fun - we are busy building memories and strong relationships! Love ya

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Very thoughtful post, love it!

The Glenns said...

A good post. Count on it backfiring...just don't give up. Isn't it good to know we are not alone in our mental ineptness? (And I thought I made that word up, cept it passed the spell check...bummer :)

Have good days, and eat less McDonalds. It ruins your work outs :)

I was a little mental on Wednesday after I posted that. It was a true challenge for me. I ran about a 1/3 of a 3 mile trek at 2pm on a hot September day. It felt good to run, but seriously...stupid. Dan came to get me before I collapsed. I had 12 hours of contractions. Nothing real serious, but thought I might see the doc anyway. He was funny, but thought my cervix was hanging out a little too much. He shoved it back up in there and I am good to go again. We laughed all afternoon about that. And I got passed my mental issues.

It never ends, and one day we turn into our mothers. A strange and wonderful thought. At least we are not alone.

Ann said...

one breath at a time, one step at a time, plus the extra 10% and you are golden. LYA