Monday, September 7, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun.

The past few weeks have been full and busy.

The kids are back to their school routine. Just in time for a long Labor Day weekend. We have had fun and made the most of our time. Kev has been working A LOT doing extra shifts at work, so me and the kiddos have stayed busy. Dad did have one day off and we made the most of it by taking the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese. (I thought I had already downloaded my pics, but guess not. I'll have to post those later!) We had a great time. It was Alex's turn to bring a friend so he invited Cody. We had some coupons, so we still were able to keep a lot of our money and the kids played until they were exhausted!

We have also done a lot of "gym" time, swimming, playing with friends, Tae Kwon Do, and watching movies. We've made the most of our time. I thought that when the kids went back to school that we would have more down time. Not so much. Seems like we are busier than ever!

My mom also arrived last Thursday and she spent a few days with us. On Sunday, we took her up to Farmington where she is going to spend some time up there with one of her friends (aka....Aunt Sharon) and they are going to be doing some canning. Well, since I won't be able to stay up there with them to do some canning, Aunt Sharon said we could go and pick some blackberries while we were up at her house. So, picked we did. (And got scratched!) But we had FUN. I am pretty sure my kids will always remember our experience. I know I will! It was fun to go on a nature walk and look for the blackberry bushes. We didn't get a whole ton of black berries, but we did managed to fill a bucket and then Aunt Sharon sent me home with a bag that she had frozen.

Which leads me to this:



I convinced Simone to come over and help me make jam. (Since I've never done it and Simone is quite handy in the kitchen...and she's already made some strawberry jam, I guessed she knew what she was doing!) So, after a yummy BBQ at my house, we made some jam. Yummy, delicious, pretty colored jam! We ended up with a few tubs, so I sent her home with some, and now my freezer is well stocked! I also bought some strawberries today at the store, so I am going to test my own hand tomorrow at that. So far, so good. I am pleased with our results. (I even had to shew B out of the kitchen because she kept opening up the containers and putting her finger in it to taste!) It turned out well. Thanks Simone!!

I'll post more pictures soon. I am doing a Jewelry Show at Rio Tinto Stadium this Saturday. (Sept. 12) It's a Fund Raiser. I'll post all the info, for anyone that wants to come and check it out. Maybe after that, things will slow down and I can catch up....but I wouldn't hold my breathe! We'll see how it goes....

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Ooooo I love jam! I make it every year. I'm glad that you are keeping busy. Not too busy for lunch soon I hope. :)