Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This little one...





I love this kid, but he seriously is shortening my life span.

Seriously.

Last week, was a LONG one. He seemed to be in top form. He made us laugh and cry - all at the same time. Here's how the week started off:

Monday - Kev was home with him because it was daddy's day off. (Mom was home sick too!)
Luke was in the bathtub...and it was quiet. Too Quiet...
Dad: Luke - what are you doing?
Luke: I don't know.
Dad: Luke - tell me what you are doing?
Luke: Cleaning the bathtub....and my butt....with your toothbrush.
Dad: What the????? How many times have you done that?
Luke: I don't know.
Mom: AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It took us a minute to recover before we could go in a scold him for doing that. Not that he even got disciplined for it - since we couldn't stop laughing!

Tuesday - Kev was at work. I took the kids to Alex's Tae Kwon Do class. It was 7 pm by the time we got home. The boys asked if they could jump out and play with their friends for a couple of minutes before we went inside. I said sure. I got out and visited with my neighbors for a minute. So, while I was talking, my neighbor said, "um...what's Luke doing?" (Never a good statement!) I saw this white streak go by. A little naked boy with NOTHING but his socks on. Then...he stopped. He bent over and showed everyone all his business. Needless to say, the chit-chat was cut short because I had a little naked boy to rush into the house...before all the moms decided their kids can't play with Luke. Now, instead of saying to Lukel when he goes outside - "be careful and have fun", I say, "remember Luke - we DO NOT take our clothes off outside."

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were a bit more slow - or maybe I just blocked some of it out.

Saturday on the other hand...
Saturday was a work get-together. A "Fiesta". And there was water close by. Luke is like a fly to poop when it comes to water. I should have just brought a swimsuit and a towel and just saved myself the headache. Not 5 minutes into it, he was soaked. From the waiste down. Literally. I had to wring the water out of his socks. Once the sun went down and the mosquitos came out, we were outta there, so luckily it didn't last for too long.

Sunday: Church day. Started right off with the refusal to get dressed - because he didn't want to go to church. 3 kids and one parent = outnumbered. Separating the two boys, not enough snacks in the world to keep those 2 boys quiet, and several trips to the potty. At least this week we didn't get "shooshed". But we made it through and were glad for the feeling we had in our home this week so far.

What does all this lead to? A mom with walking pneumonia and a dad with a few nights off. Maybe I'll get some sympathy from him!!

I am still very grateful everyday for Luke. Even though he can make our lives so crazy, he also brings our family so much joy. As do all of our children. I may have a few more grey's because of this little man, but every grey is worth it!

4 comments:

Lindsy said...

Holy cow! What a handful. But, at the same time, how great to have a little one who is so full of life!
Love ya!

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I just had to laugh so hard because I could absolutely picture him doing all of those things, hahahaha! He told me all about the milk and chocolate this morning ; )

Trish the Dish said...

SO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

gotta love him!! One trip to Walmart resulted in spilt choc milk all over his new white shirt and shorts, pulled a TV down by its cord, then said he would hold my newly refilled pepsi and dropped it on the floor of the garage right in front of me with two hands full of groceries! I asked him when he was going to be good and.."I don't know, in a minute, when I'm old." - What can I say??? LOVE HIM, BREATH, COUNT TO TEN!!!