Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy, busy, and even busier



Me and B @ Miley Cyrus



Me, B, Addy, and Simone. Our BFF's!



B and Addy enjoying the show! Look at her face. Made it worth every penny we spent on the tickets!!



Miss Miley is down there somewhere!


We have been busy. I keep thinking it will slow down, but it doesn't. Ever. I am ok with that though, it keeps things moving and keeps me sharp!

Here's a quick highlight. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them downloaded off my camera!

Last Tuesday, we convinced Kev's parents to come and watch the boys for us. They took Alex to Tae Kwon Do because we didn't want him to miss it. We were so excited to get a phone call from Alex to tell us that he had received his first strip on his belt. YAY!!! We were so proud of him. He's been working really hard and it is starting to pay off. The following Tuesday, he went again and was tested on another form and got ANOTHER stripe. (Not sure how many he has to get to advance to the next belt, but we are SO excited for him.) Back to my story...so Kev's parents took the boys for us because Kev had to work and me and B were off to see MILEY CYRUS with our good friends. We had a BLAST.

MetroStation opened up for Miley. They were pretty good. (I am still a bit confused how guys can wear "skinny" jeans. It's just not a good look...for anyone.) Anyway, Miley started singing and into her 2nd song she ran off the stage. We weren't sure what was going on and neither was her band! Her back-up singer finished the song and eventually her manager came out and said she has been sick. She was taking a few minutes to see if she could pull it together and finish the show. She did. Probably wasn't the best concert we've ever been too. I was worried that B didn't enjoy herself. I asked her on our way home if she like it. She said she was sad Miley didn't sing as much as she had hoped, but she was very excited because she sang all the songs B wanted to hear. I was glad. It was a great way to start our few days of girl time.

On Wednesday, we got up early to head over to the school. It was the girls day/night up at Clear Creek. (A school-owned property that hosts an educational camp. The 5th graders go just one night, but they do a week-long camp in the summer.) Anyway, I volunteered to go along. I am so glad I did. I had so much fun w/ B. It was great to see her with her friends and do all the fun things the overnighter held for us. We did a lot of great activities. Kudos to the teachers. They did a great job organizing everything and keeping everyone entertained. I thouroughly enjoyed myself and I am so glad I didn't pass up on the opportunity to go with B. We will both remember this always. (Pictures will be posted next!)

Saturday morning me and Kev were off to do our physical test for the Police Dept. It was tough. One of the hardest things I've put my body through. Kev helped me get through it and we both completed the whole test. We passed everything but our run. We will re-test for the run soon, as we continue with our training. I know I gave it my "all" because I puked on the football field after our run. It was pretty awesome.

Then, a mad-dash over to a jewelry party that my girls were doing. They did a great job too! They had one of our best parties and I really appreciated their putting it on, so I could have the afternoon with my fam. (Kev's still working a ton, so any time we get to spend together, we take it!!) So, after I dropped in there, it was off to the Circus. I love the Circus. No matter how old I am, it's still magical to me. The kids had a blast...even though we didn't splurge on the $10 cotton candy or the $15 snow-cones. (Seriously...who can afford that??!!!) We did however, take them to Walmart afterwards and let them pick out a reasonably-priced toy that they will actually play with after we left the Circus. (I'll post pictures of this too!)

The rest of the week up til now is all kinda a blur. I am actually not really sure what we've been doing. We are busy and the days are blending. All I know...I am having the time of my life with my kids. B is going to be starting 2 basketball leagues that will run through January. Along with Band and Piano, she's on the go too. Alex is doing Tae Kwon Do 2 times a week and getting better every class he goes to. We are so proud of our progress. Luke, well, Luke is still crazy. He repeats everything he hears and is constantly cracking us up. He keeps me on my toes. There really is NEVER a dull moment around our house.

Well, that's our busy time. Pictures will come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow girl! Its time for some rest. Just reading your blog made me tired.

Lindsy said...

I'm looking forward to experiencing the craziness first-hand next weekend! :) So excited to see you all!

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Hopefully things will slow down here soon for both of us : )