Sunday, November 15, 2009

Service for someone else.



This is my brother Aaron. He was homeless.



On Christmas Day this year, it will be 2 years since he has passed away.

Our family is putting together a Service Project for Christmas and we would love your help.

Many homeless people don't have warm jackets, socks, or blankets to give them some sort of comfort during the winter.

I know I often wonder how we can help, even if it feels small and insignificant. Well, if we all work together, we can make a big difference.

We are collecting coats, blankets, and new packages of socks. Any size, any color, anything is appreciated. We will collect the items and then we will take the donation and make it on behalf of my brother Aaron. (If you would like to go with us when we take the donation - sometime in December - we would love to have you come!)

If you are willing to donate, you can drop it off at my house or shoot me an email (nmturner50@hotmail.com) and I will come and pick it up.

Tis' the season to lighten someone else's burden.

Thank you in advance for your help.

****If you would like to donate in the Phoenix Area, please email me and I'll get you my mom's information. We are getting such a good response after only one day, we decided to make this a family tradition. My family is collecting is Arizona and we are collecting in Utah. ****

If you would still like to donate, and you cannot get us your donation, please just take your donation to your local homeless shelter. Please remember that EVERY homeless person is loved and wanted. They are someone's child, sibling, family.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Nik, I'll be doing the same thing here again this year at the Denver Rescue Mission. There is a great little store in our town (a second hand store) they have a lot of sweaters and stuff like that right now so I'm also going to buy stuff from them to donate. This is a really good thing you are doing.

Jaime said...

My brother-in-law works as a social worker for The Road Home,(downtown) so if you need any help that way let me know.

I will see what I have to donate. You are awesome! What a way to remember others during these hard times.

Flynn Fam 6 said...

I have a few coats. I will give them to you the next time I see you.

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Also the pictures really make me sad, really. He is so handsome. Very touching and I know how sad you must me.

NatNeedham said...

I will have people bring donations to my ornament party! That would be awesome!