Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy

Today has been a day of reflection for me. Maybe because I just got back from spending a few days at home with family. I was able to re-connect with an old friend, spend time with my parents, my grandparents, nieces and nephews, brothers and sister-in-law. I guess my reflection has been about finding happiness, finding peace, and being grateful. I am grateful. I am finding things to be happy about. I am working on the peace thing. I am healing. I am taking life on. I am doing something.* (more on this later!)

There's a song that's been going through my head. It's by Natasha Bedingfield. It's called "Happy". There's a few lines that say this:

"Got my dreams, got my life, got my love. Got my friends, got the sunshine above. Why am I making this hard on myself, when I have so many beautiful reasons to be happy."

I do have so many beautiful reasons to be happy. Yes these are hard times. Not just in my own life personally, but in the world around me. Financially, economically, and socially. I know that I will be alright if I remember to be thankful and find happiness in my own everyday, crazy, chaotic life.

I am afterall, a mother, a wife, a friend, a daughter. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed to have you in my life. You have brought more joy and love to me than you can ever imagine. You are truly my treasure.
Dad and I loved having you and our beautiful g-kids here this last week. Great-Grama was so thrilled to have all the hugs and "I love you's". It was a GREAT visit!

Lindsy said...

You are amazing and I have no doubt you will find the peace you seek. Not only are you blessed but others are blessed to have you in their (our) lives.

Love ya!

Ann said...

Nik, I am so amazed by your grace and great spirit, you are an inspiration to me. I love your smile and the "kick some A**" attitude. You will find peace and meaning, it will take some time but you are well on your way. Be gentle on yourself and give yourself the time you need. You are beautiful and totally right, you have so much to be grateful for, girl, you have it all!

Karen M. said...

Yes you are all of those things! If we lose sight of who we are and what we are blessed with, what do we have? You are an inspiration to me, I am thankful that our paths have crossed and we can feel love, friendship, and connection. You were raised by an amazing mom and dad that love you, like your mom said you are her treasure, and she is yours. Live life to it's fullest, let nothing pass you by.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Karen for your sweet words...Pat