Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a WHOPPER!

So my darling 6 year old came home yesterday from school with a "whopper" of a story for us. He burst in the door and told us that a 5th grader had punched him in the nose. (We believed this at first because his nose was, in fact, red and swollen.) Kev turned to me and said, "Why weren't we notified of this?" I said I didn't know, but I picked up my phone to call his teacher. Alex continues telling us that not only did he get punched but the kid got sent to the office and his nose was bleeding so bad that he went to his teacher and she helped stuff tissue up his nose to stop the bleeding. So, now I am dialing feverishly trying to figure out what happened and to make sure this 5th grader was aware that hitting a 1st grader was not ok. Meanwhile, Kev continues to question Alex and finally got out of him that he wasn't punch, but kicked by another boy in his class. So, after a few minutes of litterally prying the truth out of him, we found out that he and some other boys were doing Karate moves (thanks Kung Fu Panda!) and when Alex was done, he bent over to bow and another boy did the same thing and Alex bumped his nose on this other kids head.

So, after I called his teacher back and apologized for Alex's "very larger, overactive imagination", we ripped him a new one. Santa took 3 presents off his list and he is grounded for a week. Man, I love parenting!

6 comments:

Lindsy said...

I love living vicariously through you and your children. But, I think Santa was a bit harsh. THREE presents????? ;)

Karen M. said...

That's too funny, in retrospect! My daughter Misty had a similar story only hers was for real! Twice her daughter was bullied in PE (middle school) and the culprits had to come in with their parents and a police officer. The officer turned them every which way but loose and had them bawling like babies. Our granddauhter has autism so this made the offense even more dispicable (is that how you spell it?) The kids got suspended for one week and she has a protective order on her from them. Our great law enforcement at it's best! Thanks for making my day!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Oh! Man! That is hilarious. I would have been freaking out too!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nikki...it's just beginning..I don't know if you remember the times Aaron and Jeff were mischevious..I know you don't remember when Aaron walked along the front of his school bus and all the kids watched in awe as he sprayed dk blue paint all over it..(7yrs old) he had these cute big eyes looking at us like "who me?"

Flynn Fam 6 said...

Aww poor parents!!! He is just too cute though:)

Mama Bear said...

Wow! That is hilarious...kind-of. Who would have known that a 6 year old could come up with something like that! Poor Alex...punished for having an imagination! :)