Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What works for one...


What works for us, may not work for others. I have been asked many times, "what's it like working with your husband?"

Here's the answer. It just works for us. There are some rotations of his shifts where we don't see each other hardly at all.

Then, there are shifts where we get to work several days at the same time. This time, is awesome. I really enjoy this time.

On the days that we do get to work together, we still carry on our usual banter that we share at home; at work, we just understand ALL the inside jokes, instead of having to explain them to everyone else.

At work, I can order him around like he's my employee (like, "get me a drink") and he won't say much because the Chief is just right next door. But, then, he gets to call me his "secretary".

On top of it...we get to not only work together, but we share an office. A small office.

I know what he's thinking, he knows what I am thinking. All it takes is a look.

He's my hero, my best friend, and a co-worker I really like to hang out with!

6 comments:

Lindsy said...

That's freakin' awesome. And kind of scary as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks babe - back at ya !!!

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

That's awesome, I would love to work with Brandon! What do you guys do for a living?

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT couple and your Momma is so proud of you both...keep up the hard work, you are going to be together for eternity... remember

Karen M. said...

I didn't know you worked at the police station, that is crazy! What a great opportunity, I guess it works for some, I think I like the mystery I get to keep from Len, and him from me. Although we share everything there are some things that stay at work because you are too busy when you get home to remember them all, or is that dimentia? I forget! Ha

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Sounds so romantic! You guys are the best!!! Love ya!