Monday, October 27, 2008

One Crazy Weekend...

What a weekend! My mom and dad rolled in from their hunting trip on Thursday night. I took Friday off and spent the day with them. We didn't do anything too fun, but it was good just to spend some time with them. We met Kevin's parents and his sister for Chinese food for dinner on Friday night too. It was a nice way to end my mom and dad's trip. They got up EARLY and left Saturday morning. I'll see them in a week though..I am traveling down with the kiddies to visit for a few days. (Alex has already packed his suitcase!)


We started Saturday morning off early as well... Alex was sick. He threw up about 8 times in about 2 hours. Poor Kid...he said his back hurt, his chest hurt, and his head hurt. He unfortunately inherited my vom-ing abilities. That is, when he throws up, EVERYONE knows he's throwing up. He ate something that upset his stomach. It could have been the rice/chicken at dinner that we forced him to try, the mound of Salt and Vinegar chips that Kevin gave him when we got home, the yogert he chased it with, or the huge glass of chocolate milk that he rounded the night off with. Anyway, once he got all that out of his system, he was feeling a lot better. We went a head and cancelled our camping trip. (Just overnight!) We didn't want to get there and have him be miserable. So, we'll do it again next time!


Sunday...."WHAT TIME IS IT?" That's right, me and Bailey and some of our friends met for High School Musical 3. I don't know who was more excited...me or B! B was all decked out in her plaid shorts and her HSM T-shirt. Since I didn't get to the store to buy my "I LOVE TROY" shirt, I had to settle on Wildcat colors. Yes, I was dressed in Red and White. Kevin was really the only one that noticed and preceeded to give me the, "are you kidding me?" look. Anyway, already being dressed, I didn't want to be late for the big show, so I wore it..and rocked it! We had so much fun. (Even if B wanted to sit by her friend instead of me!!) It was a great show and I am so glad that there is a good movie that I can actually let my very influential daughter watch! (Even though it was Sunday, it was a memory worth making on the day of rest!) We don't get to do mom/daughter days very often; it was great to get out with B. And of course, I didn't take any pictures. Oh well... it was still so much fun.




And one last kudos to Kev...we ran again tonight and we beat our last time by 2 min 20 seconds. That was 2 miles..running non-stop. Yeah for us. The last lap was tough, but Kev had his hand on my back and was giving me that last little push to get it done. Yeah for us! Love you babe!

6 comments:

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Fun! I want to see that movie too. We will have to have a HSM marathon at your house some day!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!!! I can just see you dancing along with Bailey and having a ball.... Glad you had a Mommy/Daughter date and had so much fun.

Anonymous said...

How embarrassing! My "ole" lady going nuts for HSM and saying she "loves Troy" in public - as long as you know that no HSM movie will ever be as good as Road House then I'll let you stay my "ole" lady !! LOL

Love ya

Ann said...

I have to admit that I've never seen a HSM movie, guess I need to rent a kid and go....

Anonymous said...

Kevin just doesn't get this girly girl stuff!!! He and Dad can be macho men and we will just keep doing our own bling-bling hunts and movie times!! (I still want to see Mama Mia again, hehe)

Karen M. said...

I am dying to see HSM3, I guess Ann and I will have to get together and be teenie boppers again. Thanks for sharing, what fun you are having with Bailey. I miss that with my Misty, she is grown and has a 14 year old herself, Hey sounds like a Girls Day to me! I am always ready for that!