Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tidbits in a nutshell...

We are home from San Diego. We had a GREAT time. I have wonderful in-laws that put together the best trip my family has been on. I enjoyed spending time with everyone and it was a gentle reminder for me to always remember to be thankful for the wonderful people in my life. We had a blast at Sea World. (I'll post pictures from the trip as soon as I get them downloaded from my camera!) Kevin and I also had a great time running "across the boarder"! I got a sweet Coach purse and we found some original costumes for the boys. They are....wait for it...Nacho Libre masks and cape. It's awesome. Luke is going as Nacho and Alex is going as a Blue Power Ranger. It was $8 bucks well spent! We had fun. It's good to be home and sleeping in our own bed.

We seem to be going a mile a minute these days too. My mom and dad were here for a couple of days. It was great to spend some time with them. I needed some mom and dad time. Wish it was longer.

The kids are out of school for a couple of days for Fall Break. Would love to have gone camping, but going to AZ in a couple of weeks. Sucks that we can't do everything. We will be making the most of our time while the kids are home and we'll have to do some camping next weekend, when Kev is off for the whole weekend.

Luke's 3rd b-day is Sunday. We celebrated with all the family this past Sunday. It was great to have everyone together. We are going to celebrate this Saturday too. (I swear our kids never have just a one day celebration..it's usually several!) Oh well, it's fun. Plus, it can't be all bad when there's birthday cake involved.

Lastly, I had to post this picture of Luke. He was eating a popcorn ball (and yes, it did smell sweet!) Anyway, he was laying on the floor and all the sudden he starts yelling that his eye is broken. I look over at him to find this sweet little treat.


He even left a popcorn trail, just in case I couldn't find him! My kids ROCK!

Also, we took the kids roller skating on Monday. Oh yea, I skated. Nothing like a 30-something racing around like a crazy woman! It was a great workout! Good times. Good FHE!

No comments: