Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bailey Bake Sale= Big money!!



For months now, Bailey has been asking to have a Bake Sale to make some pocket money for our trip to San Diego at the end of this month. I have been putting it off and putting it off, until I looked at the calendar and realized it's today or it's not going to happen before we leave. (Can't believe how the time gets away from me!) Anywho.. after great help from Nanny and Papa (Nan made some cute star shaped cakes that we frosted white and brown, and Papa building this cute stand) we pulled the sale together. I was up til midnight last night making homemade Hot Fudge and Hot Caramel toppings. They turned out great. She also sold some mint brownies and Aunt Sharon's famous filled sugar cookies. Everything turned out great! Bailey made some good money and we still have a few orders for the toppings. I was going to get some picutres outside with everything set up, but we got some rain and had to call it quits a bit earlier than expected. She had a good turn out and is a great salesperson. (She would have sold her brothers if she could have gotten away with it!) Glad its over, but it was a great experience for her. I am exhausted..so we are off to Cafe Rio for dinner!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Remember that the house takes 10%!
Love ya

Ann said...

Way to go Bailey! She'll be a business tycoon before you know it!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Too bad I missed out! We were gone all day! I would have been her best customer!!!

Lindsy said...

What?!?! She's going to spend the money in San Diego and not save it for her iTouch? He-he. :)