Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Building for FHE

On Monday, we met Kevin's parents for dinner at Chili's, then we invited them back to our house to help the kids build birdhouses. We got these little birdhouse kits from Home Depot. The kids have been begging to do them for a couple of weeks, so I thought tonight would be a great night to do it. The kids had a great time. Nobody hurt their fingers! It was good all around. Kevin's parents were pleased to be able to come over and watch the kids and help with their building. We were glad to have them here with us!
Alex building - he did his with just a little help from daddy and papa.
Bailey building...protective eyewear and all!
Luke building. We had to really watch him with the hammer!

5 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad we finally got those birdhouses built, it is getting to be winter after all! Luke with a hammer is a pretty scary thing, no trips to the emergency room I hope!

Lindsy said...

It's not FHE if someone doesn't get hurt. At least, around your house. :)

Jeff said...

Awesome stories Nikki. I like the egg drop. Good job Bailey! Kevin, I noticed that you didn't put a gutter around the roof of the birdhouse. Man, what a half#*@ job. lol! You guys take care, we love ya.

Mama Bear said...

Cute idea fhe idea. I'm impressed no one got hurt! Love the poop story! I finally started using a chart with Meredith...she loved it...and voila...I think she is finally potty-trained! Woohoo!! Goodluck!! Fun times!!

Mama Bear said...

Nikki, if we lived closer, we might be stealing your little boys! I don't think we'll ever have any of our own! :)