Thursday, September 18, 2008

Farewell to the tooth!

Alex lost his first front tooth the other day. He was so excited. It came out easy enough and quickly went to sleep that night so the Tooth Fairy could visit. As soon as that one came out, the other one became loose also. Within a day or so, it not only was loose, but it was moving over to the middle. Every morning and night, we wiggled it and pulled on it. Some nights it was, well, a total fight to get him to let me move it. One night, my neighbor gave me the idea of playing "tug-o-war" with a towel in our mouths. At first, he was all ready to go. So, we started tugging. Just as I was about to give it a good jerk, hoping to pop the tooth out, he let go. He looked at me and said, "are you crazy? What are you trying to do, pull my tooth out?" How smart is this kid? Me and Kev had a good laugh. Needless to say, he wouldn't play again with me.




Here's his snaggle tooth in the middle. We kept pulling on it and pulling on it trying to get it to come out. And I mean...I was pulling on it. It was a fight! Wednesday was picture day. "D" day. It was coming out. I didn't want his 1st grade picture to be of him with a tooth right in the middle. I even asked him how he was going to smile and he stuck it out over his lip and said, "like this". NICE!! So after a lot of pleading and promises of money and a trip to the Dollar Store, he finally let me wiggle it once. So, I yanked...nothing. He wasn't going to let me go back in until Kevin told Bailey to get his pliers. He was ready for me to try one more time. I am pulling away and he's yelling, "just stop, I want to go to school". I finally gave it one more good pull and it popped out. He was still yelling at me, and as soon as I told him it was out, he couldn't believe it. He said it didn't even hurt. That little turd. But, the snaggle tooth is finally out and he is such a handsome boy! I will post a picture of him without his teeth. (Wouldn't you know, I finally get 5 minutes to do a post and that's the one picture I don't have!) Anyway, the Tooth Fairy again left him some money. (PS..I asked Alex if he wanted the Tooth Fairy to leave his tooth and he said, "no, she can just take it and leave the money." Good to know where his priorities are!!) So, tonight we made it to the Dollar Store and he spent all of his tooth money...but he's in heaven with his new toys!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Nik, that's such a funny story and what else would you expect from a pint sized professor? Next time try the old string tied to a slamming door method, that should get his attention!